1.03.2016

Christmas 2015


Having children just makes Christmas so much fun! This year, Christmastime just seemed so busy!! Too busy. I need to find how to simplify it more. I went into the Season with goals and visions of how I wanted it to be more Christ-centered and giving-focused. And, part of it was. but, I found myself more stressed than I would have likes. And, not being able to get to all that I wanted to do. Next year, my plan is to start getting Christmas "stuff" accomplished starting in November! Maybe that will help. 

I am learning as I go.

Anyway, I LOVED to see the kids so excited!!  Their joy and excitement is contagious! 

On Christmas Eve we went over to Aunt Monica's house for Dinner. Great Grandma Rolfson was there. It was so good to see her!!! Each of us brought appetizers. Monica made the traditional French Onion soup. Everything was delicious! 

We had a fun ornament exchange and acted out the Nativity. Aubrey was a Shepard, Olivia was the Angel, Wes was a Wiseman, I was the Narrator, Aunt and Uncle Bob were Mary and Joseph. The rest of the Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins watched the production! I love to take time during the Christmas Season to act out the special story of our Savior entering the world. It always brings such a sweet spirit and strengthens my testimony each and every time. 

We drove home for the evening slowly in very "winter-y" roads, made a few delivers on the way, gave the kids their "Christmas Jammies" present, and made sure to leave out cookies, carrots, and egg nog for Santa. Aubrey made sure that all 9 reindeer had their very own carrot. So cute! 

'Twas the night before Christmas.... 



1:30 AM: Not a creature was stirring (except for the mom, even dad was fast asleep on the couch!)




As cute as our kids are, they have all really been acting out lately! I told (threatened) them many times that Santa would not be coming. (I figured I may as well use that tactic while I can! ha!...sort of felt bad about it, but not really! ;) ) Aubrey claimed into our bed around 7:00 am Christmas morning. Shortly after, she was if it was "morning time". I looked at the clock, figured it was OK to get up, and told her, 'yes'. I asked her if she thought Santa came. She thought about it silently for a minute and responded, "It's OK it he didn't come, it will still be a good day." 

Bless her heart.

She ran to go wake up Olivia. She said, "Olivia, let's go see if Santa came!! But, if he didn't come it will still be a good day!".  Olivia happily agreed, "yes, it will still be a good day"

Love my kids!! 

They ran down stairs. Olivia happily exclaimed: OH!! HE CAME!!! 




Simon hugging is Beenie-Boo Frog




Olivia hugging her clothes! haha! 


SHOPKINS!! Can you tell she was excited?1 haha!



Aubrey giving her gift to Olivia. 






Olivia giving her gift to Aubrey



Cars: All Simon needs.







We announced to the girls the Destination of our up-coming Vacation! (they've been working really hard delivering Flyers every week to 215 houses! So, they are actually paying for most of it!)





Wes making Lefsa so Christmas Dinner!





In the late afternoon we all met at Aunt Monica's for another Dinner! it was delicious of course! We missed those who were not there with us. 


1 comment:

Tara & Darren said...

These Pictures are so sweet! Aubrey's comment melted my heart. What a sweet soul she is. They are so cute. Im glad they had a great Christmas and Santa came. Good job to Wes on making the lefsa, glad he gave it a 'whirl'! Love all 5 of you!